Thursday, January 26, 2006

I KNOW you di'n't forget about me...

Folks! I'm back!

Just a quickie post to let y'all know, and that normal posting will resume tomorrow.

Things went well in the UK (as well as can be expected). The Memorial Service went exactly as I thought it would.

As I mentioned previously, nothing related to death can be described as good (unless it has something to do with the idiot who was sitting next to me on the plane GOING to the UK and his death coz then it's all good - details to follow soon!). Anyway, the service was a celebration of my Mums life and people spoke well of her. I told the monkey story, which reminded me of a good time we had shared, George told a story of how when we first met I only fed him Ramon noodles etc., and overall a good time was had. People and relatives I haven't seen in years came, and it was a jolly gathering if I say so.

I was only there for a week though and I can't tell you much I have slipped back into my Yorkshire Bird accent. It's 'orrible. All I heard from folk back home was how American I had become yet all I heard coming out of my mouth was "'Appen you're right there!" or "Bread Wi Nowt Tekken Out", or "eh?" So, if something slips into my post and you haven't the foggiest what I am talking about, let me know!

I would like to say though, a HUGE thank you to all of you who have posted comments, sent me e-mails, cards etc., I read each one over and over again, and they DID help me through this. I really really appreciate everything.

Now I'm back. I was in bed at 7:30 pm last night and didn't wake up till 6 this morning! I needed my sleep. Oh, and I also have the rumblings of flu. Damp, damp, cold England may have something to do with that!

But, I digress. I'm back.

Tomorrow, posting will be back.

Including pictures of my newly decorated, newly carpeted rugless family room.

Can you even bear the anticipation?

No comments: