Monday, May 09, 2005

Enough of that Mexican Bollocks, where are my Coconut Cremes?

OK. So as I mentioned in the post below, the Fabulous Ms Mac sent me a parcel. I vaguely remember her saying something about chocolate and CDs, so when I got the package containing the afore-mentioned items, I was pleased! There is nothing better than receiving a package....... fnar-fnar......

Anyway, this is what I received:

Package

P-p-p-pick up a penguin Music for your ears


So, later this afternoon, we got onto the MSN IM thingy and this is how the conversation went. (For authenticity, try reading this in our accents, Me - Yorkshire, Stella - Scottish)

Me: Hey, I got the package, thanks!
Stella: You're welcome.
Me: Not too sure about those Mexican CD's though.
Stella: What Mexican CD's?
Me: The CD's you sent me.
Stella: I didn't.
Me: Yes you did.
Stella: Er, no, I did not.
Me: Huh?
Stella: What are you talking about?
Me: I got some chocolate, two DVD's and two Mexican CDs.
Stella: Andrea, I have no idea what you are talking about.

(OK, lets have a close up look at exactly what Stella 'sent' me so you get an understanding of what we are talking about)

528155 524405


En La Cumbre whatever that means, and something that looks like some kind of "Now 81!" only the Mexican version.

Only, it appears that Stella didn't send me them. Let's pick up our conversation.

Me: I got the two Peter Kaye DVDs, a 12 pack of penguins and those two CDs. I thought you had sent me the CDs as some kind of romantic music for me and George to listen to while we do "face-time" like you and Craig.
Stella: You did get the cocount cremes and Swiss Chocolate I sent too?
Me: What Swiss Chocolate?

Yep. It appears that I was supposed to also get:

Swiss Chocolate Swiss Chocolate

and not just one of these but three!

P-p-p-pick up a penguin P-p-p-pick up a penguin P-p-p-pick up a penguin

So, I took another look at the package and it appears there has been some fiddling at the post office. Where is Mary the Letter Getter when you need her? Apparently, the package came open en route, and in the sorting office, they must have a big pick'n'mix bin of all the stuff that "falls out" of packages, and then have a claw:

libertysingle

that just grabs whatever it can and re-packages the package, kinda like this!

Which, I guess is OK when someone is sending you a manky old pair of slippers and a loaf of bread past it's sell by date and what you actually get is a diamond ring and a Porsche.

I wanted those Coconut Cremes. Stella sorted through her selection boxes with dilligence at Christmas, and after a lot of hard work, and a trail to the post office, she sent them to me, expecting me to get them, not some Mexican stuff I've never heard of (although, after listening to it, I have to admit it is growing on me!!)

So here is a message to all the blogging world. If you know someone who inadvertently received some Swiss Chocolate and Coconut Cremes, and is missing two Mexican CDs, direct them to my blog and they will be mailed forthwith. I also expect no teeth marks and the full count of Coconut Cremes.

Another thing, if that fella on the front of that CD is not listed as Ms Macs "Boyfriend of the week" by Friday, then he will be on mine.

No comments: