Thursday, June 26, 2008

If I'm feeling calm, there must be a shitstorm around the corner.......

Don't you ever get the feeling that if all is going to well, then a calamity is about to happen? I do ~ must be the inner pessimist in me!

I'm sitting here at 6:37 am. The dogs and cats have just been fed, I have a lovely hot cup of tea at my side, the house is quiet and everyone is still asleep. I am sitting in silence.

In less than three hours there will be utter chaos around me as all 6 of the kids (and George) will be asking me "Where did I put my ........" "Why won't this fit?" "Have you seen the......" and "Don't forget the passports....." and all SORTS of other things......

I have spent the past few days packing, adding important details to the itinerary, making sure passports are safe, catching up on last minute laundry and shopping, getting in a shift at work, and lots of other stuff. I've been doing this slowly, methodically and in a way that not one person has even noticed what I'm doing. Everything is done. They need not worry but they will......

But deep down inside though, I feel that I'm missing something. I've thought about it, looked for this 'something' and ran over every scenario in my head as to what it could be but to no avail. You know when I'll find out what this 'something' is? At the airport, 2 minutes before we fly......... Yeah, you know what I'm talking about :-)

Well, we shall see.

So, George and I are taking 6 kids (5 teenagers and an 11 year old) on vacation. To the UK first to see my relatives and have a party, then we all fly to Paris for 4 days ~ quite looking forward to that. Then we fly back to the UK - Leeds for the weekend - then we drive up the East coast towards Scotland..... George is looking forward to that more than anything I think. We are even staying on a farm! A B&B type farm. So long as I'm not up at the crack of dawn milking anything I'm down with that!

4 of the kids have never been to Europe before so I am really interested on what their take will be. Especially Leeds! We are going to throw in a bit of Culture too - Ooooh look at me!!!! After living in Leeds for 29 years it will be interesting to see if I find anything out that I didn't know before........ We are of course going to do the typical French touristy stuff - Eiffel, L'Ouvre, (George wants to take a trip to Omaha Beach)and in Scotland they are on the search for a Kilt-wearing bagpiper...... Leeds? We shall probably find graffiti and boarded up houses! LOL

So anyway, That's where we shall be for the next 2 weeks. I shall be intermittently blogging and posting pictures to my Flickr account so feel free to keep checking in.....

Adios, au revoir, ta ra...........

P.S. If you can believe this shit, Nick is watching the house for us!!! I KNOW! ~ wait. That must be the something that is going to bite me in the arse.

*rushes to cancel the entire holiday*


Lighting M Lehet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Michael Lehet said...

Have a great time....I love that photo, but it won't drive more traffic to your blog...I already tried : -(