Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Resolutions.....................

Did you make any New Year Resolutions? In the past I have pretty much sucked at these, made half-hearted attempts and oooh, by the 2nd of January, they are all but forgotten. This year has been different thus far.

I KNOW!

I took a good look at myself during the latter part of the year and decided that there were some things that needed to be changed if I was to improve myself. If I wanted to be the person I honestly believe I could be, then changes HAD to be made.

I gave myself 5 things that needed to be worked on, and for your absolute enjoyment - I'm such a giving person - here they are listed.

Hhhhhmmmmmm, uh-uh, uh-huh.

Makes no sense? Exactly! For some time now (according to the kids and George) I have been rather lazy in the conversation part of my life. When we sit and talk, I apparently just answer hhhhhmmmmm instead of saying "I concur!", uh-huh instead of saying "Yup!", uh-uh instead of saying "Nope" and hu-hhhmmmmm instead of saying "I don't have a clue!" Not only is this confusing for them, it also irritates them. A LOT. So, my resolution here is to actually answer them properly. I DO still slip up and go back to what I used to do but as soon as I DO that, I immediately answer with what I should have done.

On a score of 1-10 with one being "Resolutions suck" and ten being "Way To Go Andiooooooo" I rate my success at 10.

F*$# and B*((@$^s and T#@t

My profane language. I didn't realise just how much I swear. I do it a lot, so the next resolution is to stop swearing. Since the 1st of January, I believe I have only slipped up twice and once was when I stubbed my toe against the chair leg. It hurt. A LOT.

On a score of 1-10? 9 - because I slipped up.

"What a cow!!!"

Talking about people and being mean especially behind their backs - isn't that the most fun? I used to do this all the time. Giving my opinion on anything and everyone (almost everyone). This isn't conducive to a healthy mind and heart so I have stopped doing this. Just flat-out stopped. I thought this would be harder than any of the resolutions but it was quite easy actually. In fact, at work there is one person who I would just love to bitch about, laugh at, pick on and in general, make fun of. To be honest, she deserves everything I ever did and said but luckily for me our 'relationship' has reached the stage where I don't have to do ANYTHING and it eats her up! So technically, that's me being good right? :-D

I know some people will say "Well, what if people talk behind your back?" and you know what? So long as it's true then there really isn't much I can do about it. A LOT of rumors are flying about me, and A LOT of them aren't true and most of them are being said by people who profess to be my friend!!! If I haven't spoken to you in a while, you could be one of those people! :-) So long as I know what is right or isn't, then that's all that matters. Oh and by the way, if I ever did talk about people, it was never a rumor I had heard, it was always the truth (I would check this out)

But, personally, I have decided that I don't need to be a person that is mean anymore. I feel TONS better for doing this.

On a scale of 1-10? 10 - easily.

"Oh woe is me..........."

For a while now I have had rather a negative personality. I always believe the worst is going to happen. If I'm watching a game on TV, I think the team I want to win will lose. We recently received an $800 gas bill. Instead of being calm and rational and just asking the Gas Co to come out and re-read the meter, I was all "Oh, we probably have a gas leak and will have to have all the pipes dug up in the driveway and it's going to cost us thousands...." I believe that Immigration - who are STILL taking their time with my application - are going to find some reason to not let me become a citizen. Watching any of my favorite TV shows (Amazing Race, Survivor etc.,) I always feel the person I want to win will get voted off/eliminated and so on and so on.... I really need to stop doing this.

On a scale of 1-10? 4 because THIS IS HARD.

The 'H' word.

I have long gone through life saying that I HATE this and I HATE that, and the things I HATE range from too much sugar in my tea to that woman I was talking about up there! HATE pretty much covered everything. I have thought for a while that this has to stop. I can still 'not like' things but saying that I HATE them is just not on. So, I don't say it anymore. I mean really. I have stopped cold turkey. If I don't like something I simply say that I don't like it, or that I have a strong dislike......

Again, I would have thought this would be a hard resolution but quite frankly, it was easy as pie. I mean really really easy!

On a scale of 1-10? 11+ because it is just that easy.

So, overall, I am doing pretty well. I can honestly say that I DO feel like I have improved myself and for the better. My kids and George are impressed as well. I am just happy that I decided to do something and actually followed through with it.

and there you have it.




On a side note?

Have you seen this show? Orangutan Island? I am so in love with these animals and I want one for my birthday. I've been good, I SHOULD get one:-D

No comments: