Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sedaaaaaaaaaaation

Those of you that know me, know that two things that don't mix well are me and dentists. For those that don't know me well, check out this previous post real quick and then come back with a knowing nod....... You're back? Good. Now a couple of weeks ago, I received a flyer in the mail reminding me/the family that we should use up all our available insurance before it starts from scratch next year. Usually, I just throw this stuff in the garbage, shocked that the dentist would even send this to me what with my history and natural aversion etc., However, along with the flyer, there was a notice that the dentist now does sedation dentistry!

I had a consultation wherein they told me what needed to be done (filling, crown removal/fix and replacement, whitening) and after showing me the sheets and sheets of charges - you don't even want to know what the insurance WON'T cover - I signed myself up! Basically I told them to do whatever needs doing and I don't care if I'm in pain when I wake up, I just don't want to feel them actually DOING it.

My appointment is at 8:30 am and half an hour before I leave, I have two Diazapam to take to 'calm me down' then I go in and get sedated!



How awesome is that gonna be? I'll be out for about 2 hours and then once I'm done, George will pick me up and we will head off to Columbus for the weekend to go Christmas shopping.

You heard me! Sedated and shopping! George has no idea the damage I will do to the credit card, all the while being able to say days later "But honey, I was high!"

AWESOME!

No comments: