Sunday, October 22, 2006

What to do.............

George has been in Las Vegas for the past few days, returning sometime tomorrow I think. Who knows?

As you know, it is usually me that is travelling so I'm always doing something. This time, he went to Vegas without me. My choice. I just didn't want to go. My own reasons, reasons you'll never know plus I just didn't want to go ( that gives him a chance to do whatever he wants - you know the saying "What happens in Vegas...........")

So, for the first time in a long time, I'm on my own.

What to do? What to do? I'm on my own...... What to do?

I'll tell you what I HAVE done.
  • Gone to bed at whatever time I want!
  • Had a full nights sleep with no snoring, or 5-time snooze alarm waking me up!
  • Gone to the movies!
  • Gone to the gym a bunch of times!
  • Watched what I want on TV, whenever I want!
All this in just a couple of days!

Last night, or rather this morning at an hour I am usually not awake, I got to thinking.

When did I become the old codger that I am right now? Was it an overnight thing or did I, over the past 8 years slowly die within?

I am old.

I'm looking old and acting old.

PA201837

Do these look like the eyes of a 37 year old? or a 57 year old?

Changes

It is my Birthday on Thursday. Another year older. Will it be another year wherein I do the same thing day in day out, boring, old people stuff?

No.
As of Thursday when I hit the big 37, I will be incorporating changes into my life. Necessary changes. I am sick of my life being like it is. I know some of you will be thinking "Oh God, she's going through the changes early" or "She'll never do this" or whatever.......

But I HAVE to do this. For myself. I feel like I'm rebelling! I'm going to continue doing all those things I listed above! I feel good about that.

As far as anything else, I have no idea where I will start. That's why I'm starting Thursday. Gives me time to think about things. If any of you all have any life-changing ideas for me, feel free to share them. Until then, just know that a new and improved Andi will be appearing soon.

No comments: