Friday, May 12, 2006

What do you get.............

When you have chest pain, shoulder pain, a numb left arm and distinct feeling of dizziness?

If your answer was "A trip to the E.R." you win a million dollars, go straight to the end of the game and pick up a stripper on your way.

Yes folks. That was me at lunchtime yesterday.

Proof?

Me in the E.R

Of course I look like complete crap, but hey, if you don't then you have no right to be there!!!!!

I'd not been feeling well about a month ago while at work, and so I did the obvious thing. Called my friend who is a paramedic and was on shift at the Fire Department next door. She got the 12 Leads out and ran a strip. Nothing too drastic showed except one PVC. So I didn't worry too much about it. Till yesterday.

I had a really bad pressure feeling and all the other symptoms I described in my award winning question up there! So, I decided to take myself to the E.R. Luckily my friend (the paramedic) is also a nurse at the hospital and she came down to see me. (and to take pictures if you can imagine! - every opportunity is a blogging opportunity!!!) As this monitor shows, my blood pressure was 'low' although earlier it had been 85/66. I usually have low pressure and it amazes Dr's that I don't pass out everytime I stand up!

My monitor at the E.R.

I was given Nitro (like I'm 82 years old or something!!!!!), Toradol to take off the pain, had chest X-rays and EKG's done all of which showed.......... NOTHING.

BUGGER!

I was given lots of very strong pain meds and told to follow up with my doctor. They think it may have been stress. I concur.

So, I came home, in pain still, with lots of bruises on my arm from a nurse that apparently couldn't find a vein if her life depended on it.

There was a vein in the somewhere!


Cards and flowers to the usual address.......................

****UPDATE******



This is my friend Deana (the above mentioned paramedic and nurse who was ace and helped me out big style! Not the nurse however, who f*&@ed up my arm with the non-IV!!!!). She was also the one who was taking the fabulous pictures of me! Yeah Cheers for that Deana!

No comments: