Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fave Friday Foto.

otherwise known as 'Nicking Ideas off Stella' or 'For Lack of Ideas on Fridays'........

Anyway. Here, is my Fave Friday Foto*.



This picture is of George and I with all 5 kids. It was taken around 2000, about a year after I had moved to the U.S. with my kids.

I look at the picture now and marvel at how innocent the kids look. Also, at how George and I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what we were getting ourselves into. It was my first marriage, his second so both of us were busy getting used to all that was new. Add on top of that, 5 kids all having to grasp the 'new brothers and sister' idea, and for my kids, 'new schools', 'new accents', 'new life', 'new dad'. Back then, if I'd known what the next 6 years would bring, would I still have done it? Totally. Maybe not with so much agro, but I still would have done it.

Now, 6 years later, the kids have blended perfectly. My kids talk with an American accent EVERYWHERE except when they are at home or when I am with them. Then they go back to plain old Yorkshire.

Everyone in that picture is happy. We are all happy now. That is why it is my Fave Friday Foto.


*and of course I know how to spell Photo, but for continuation and fun, I chose an F. Get over it.

No comments: