Thursday, May 18, 2006

42 minutes!

My cousin, Clairebear, yesterday did a Walk For Life in Memory of my mum. I have had the info about it in my column (over there on the left) and I just want to say a big thank you to all those who sponsored Claire!

The local paper (The Yorkshire Evening Post) did an article which you can find here.

Claire took pictures for me too (all while walking/running) etc., which you can find here. She completed the walk/run in 42 minutes which is AWESOME and, considering it - and I quote - "was chucking it down", is quite a feat in itself!

My other cousin Kelly is also doing a walk in memory of my mum and the details are again, at the left of this post. I don't want this to be a begging blog, but you know what? Everyone knows someone who has had or is suffering or recovered from Cancer. At some point a cure has to be found and if one way of doing this is to beg once in a while, then beg once in a while I shall! Even if it's $1. That's better than nothing.

I'll be doing my own walk/run in October.

Anyway.

Thank you Claire and thank you all those who donated!!!!

No comments: