Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Deeeeeeeeeeee Veeeeeeeeeee Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have told you all before how great DVR is but I just have to reiterate this fact. DVR is the BEST thing EVER! If you hate commercials, (the devils spawn) this thing is your lifesaver! Get DVR, you will wonder how you ever lived without it!

Prime example.

Last night I was tired, and went to bed at 9 pm. I know, I’m an old fart but what can you do?. Well, there were a bunch of shows on that I wanted to watch at 10 pm. What to do? Well, you set your DVR to tape the shows and off you got bed, taping two shows that are on at the same time no less!

So I got up this morning and watched my shows. Now this is where the beauty of DVR comes into play. You watch your show, and fast forward (at warp speed) through the commercials. Did you know that NYPD is actually only on for 30 minutes? That means that you get 30 minutes of commercials and now I know my math isn’t that up to scratch but that means that out of a 24 hour day, you get 12 hours of commercials! Ridiculous. I felt physically sick at the thought of that.

Once I had watched the show, you go to the very easy menu and you get the option to keep the show, erase the show, re-play the show, or transfer the show to a VHS cassette. Imagine that!

If that doesn’t make you want to get up and go get DVR added then I don’t know what will. Granted some adverts are good, (including the DVR one and I’m not making that up) but for every great commercial there are a hundred other ones (and you know which ones I mean – in fact on Friday I’m going to compile my 10 best and worst commercials) that make you want to throw your TV out the window! Have you ever watched the "I’m cleaning the litter box" commercial and thought "Oh, I gotta get that!?" No, you’ve probably thought "if she sings that crappy arsed tune ONCE more I’m going throw some cat litter down that throat of hers and choke her then we’ll see who is cleaning the litter box……."

But anyway, Go get DVR and if you don’t like it I will personally pay any expenses you have incurred*.

It will be the best thing you have ever done!

* You know I’m kidding about this right?.........)

No comments: