Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm Almost There..............................

Today my youngest child is 16.

Yes, my YOUNGEST. I'll give you a minute while the image of me being older than you thought is erased from your mind.





Anyway, Georgia Rae is 16. 16!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. Let me tell you about Georgia.

As a parent of a teenager, let alone a teenage DAUGHTER, I was worried that these years would be the worst of my life. Tantrums, mood swings, arguments, things being thrown at my head were all visions I had, when thinking about having a teenage daughter. (I know that's what I was like when I was a teenager.) Nothing could be further from the truth.

Surprisingly, we have managed to raise one of the most polite, fun, pretty, kind, thoughtful, considerate and loving teenagers ever put on the planet. She likes nothing more than to sit with me, watching TV, or hanging out grocery shopping, or going to the movies or going out for dinner etc., etc.,

She has NEVER been in any kind of trouble either at school or out in the world. EVERY school report somewhere or other states "pleasure to have in class" and people comment that she is happy all the time.

I am so proud of Georgia for being who she is and the way she she is and I can only hope that she continues to grow in the world to make herself AND us as parents even more proud.

Happy Birthday Georgia Rae, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!








***I should also tell you that at this rate, it looks like she's going to be living with us till she's 42. or married.

No comments: