Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Bitch is back!!!

Well, I'm back from New Zealand and have spent the last few days catching up on sleep, going to an Earth Wind & Fire concert and trying to think of something interesting yet prolific to write about my recent trip.

I know, Earth Wind & Fire?

Actually, it was a cool concert and I knew almost all the songs but wasn't aware that they sung them.

Anyway. New Zealand. Fabulous trip. I swear, I haven't seen David for 6 years and when I saw him at the airport it was like I only saw him yesterday! Tricky too.

As you grow up, you have a weird kind of relationship with your siblings - I think. You have to like them as they are family and as you grow older, they drive you insane yet somehow, you still love them and hold on to them for all they are worth. You could fall out with them over something trivial and never talk to them again but in the back of your mind, they are family and will always be family. My brothers? What can I say? I can honestly say that though I was looking forward to the trip, in the back of my mind I had some kind of trepidation. We don't really have much in common aside from the obvious blood tie and the fact that we have all travelled alot so I wasn't sure how things would go.

Things went well. It was fun to hear their version of our growing up. Apparently, Richard (Tricky) was bullied tremendously by both me AND David and spent many of his younger years hiding in the garden - a fact vehemently denied by both of us. They both told many stories of how I was as a youngster to Daniel and Georgia who I think now see me completely differently. I think they both Googled How to find a new mother. We laughed at things like Mischievious Night, Bonfire Night, and how we used to go knocking on people's doors and running away. Americans call it "Knock-a-door-run" but for the life of us, we couldn't remember what we call it in the UK. Anyone English, feel free to help out here!

Daniel and Dave both reckoned they were experts at Robot Dancing, so instead of a dance-off we had a rob-off. Here, you can see Dave even dressed up for it! Dan still kicked his arse!

Runner Up

Dinner at The Auckland SkyTower was good and fun for everyone - including other diners. (Suffice to say that the restaurant rotated quicker while we were there!)

A quick visit to some world famous toilets was enlightening! Honestly!.

Anyway, this isn't a day by day trip account. If you would like to see any pictures from the trip, you can find them here and to save you time, speed up the slideshow.......

But here, as a last picture, are the three of us:

Dave, Me & Tricky

Who would have thought 30 years ago, we would be all together in a country on the other side of the world? Reminiscing about our childhood? Not me. It was fun though.......

No comments: