Thursday, May 04, 2006

Could I PLEASE for once, just have a normal couple of days?

Well, for the last week it may seem to you like the world has just been revolving as normal, but for me, every day has had some odd turn or another.

Nick (the son-down-under) has decided that he wants to come back. He used the excuse "You said it had to be a minimum of 6 months and it's been 6 months"

*bugger*

Bear in mind, I have just paid for 3 tickets for me and the other two kids to go see Nick in July! Well, I'm still going regardless. I have a brother and friends to meet up with!

So, the prodigal one returns June 15th. My husband and I took a few minutes to reflect on the 'missing-him-but wish-he'd-stay' last 6 months and after a few rapid heart palpitations, increase in blood pressure and wondering where we are going to put him, sat in silence. Stunned silence. While it has been quiet, incident-less (almost), and lovely without Nick, I have missed him and him coming back (to a gajillion rules) will be nice. George didn't quite see it that way.

Well, not more than 30 minutes after our heated discussion, I get news alerts on my cell phone, telling me this. Yep. A bloody Tsunami warning was being given for New Zealand. Where my baby was!!!!! Now, not knowing the detailed geography of N.Z, and while also paying full attention to anything the news channels were telling me, I of course shit a brick! Turns out, the Tsunami was a 16" wave. Even the surfers were scoffing!

Well. once that whole commotion was over and done with, I thought I could breathe a sigh of relief! Ha!

Later that day, while (again) checking the news, I come across this story. "Why" you may ask "does this affect you Andrea?". I'll tell you why.

The street the gunman was on? My husbands ex-wifes. My stepchildrens street. It doesn't end there. The house? Was her house! So, not only have I spent half the day panicking about Tsunamis, I now have to contend with a deranged gunman in the close vicinity of the step-kids. Those of you who know me well, will understand my concern at the distinct lack of aiming by the gunman.

However, I do have some good stuff that has happened in my life! I know - hard to imagine!

Saturday night, I went with some friends to see Kathy Griffin. We took a limo, ate at the House of Blues and saw the show, which I have to say I didn't think would be funny AT ALL but turned out to be very hilarious. Then we continued drinking, went to a bar, drank some more, came home, drank some more and danced and what have you. Basically, we had fun.

Charlies Angels It's all about the boobs and the love Knocking on wood! House of Blues, Cleveland, OH

Last night, George and I went to the Cleveland Cavaliers Playoff Game #5 at the Q. Adult Beverages were consumed and a great game was watched. This is not a sports blog (I wonder how I would define this - feel free to let me know) so you can find the details of the game here.

Cheerleaders Fine Fayre Final Score

and basically that's about it. Saturday I am attending "Law Days" at the mall, so if any of you want to meet up with me, have any questions, see me in uniform, have me autograph something (no boobs please), drop by. I'll be there 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

Till then, I think I'm going to go get me some red wine and watch Survivor. Later gaters.......

No comments: