Sunday, April 30, 2006

Oh, I'm with Manuel over there......

A post wherein I rant and rave........ bear with me and then come back tomorrow when I will more than likely have sobered up!


Tomorrow (Monday May 1st) is apparently now an Immigration Day. If you read this report, you will find that immigrants all over the U.S. are boycotting work and will be 'representing' and sticking it to The Man a.k.a. The Government.

Being an immigrant myself, I will also be 'sticking it to the man' by not working*

I don't want to be all judgemental, and in your face with this immigration stuff but............

*turns judgemental and in your face*

When I moved over to this country, I did everything legal. We hired an immigration lawyer $$$$$$$, filed all the correct forms $$$$$$, turned up for interviews $$$$$$$, had fingerprints taken on numerous occasions $$$$$$$ (even when we didn't need to - after the I.N.S fucked up and duplicated letters etc.,). Basically, it has been a huge pain in my arse, but if I want to become an American Citizen, then I have to suck it up and suck it up I have!

I currently have my permanent resident card which expires in blah blah years, and as I recently posted, I am now in the final process of becoming a fully paid up member of The United States of America! It has been a long, painful process but one I know will work out for me in the end.

So what I am majorly (if that ISN'T a word, it should be) pissed off about is that I have gone through this long and arduous, financially bancruptious (again with the new word.... I'm drunk, what do you expect?) process, yet all of a sudden, Mexican ILLEGAL immigrants are bitching about not being granted automatic rights to become a US citizen bystepping this whole process?

What is THAT all about?

I could have gone the illegal route but you know what? I don't do that! I don't break the law (intentionally :) and I want to do the right thing.

Yet these people don't? and they expect rights?
They want to be treated equally? but don't want to pay to do it?
They want to be an American Citizen but do it the 'Mexican Way'?

The worst thing is, it looks like things are going their way!

Isn't that always the case? You do things the right way, you get screwed, you do things the wrong way, they kiss your arse.

Anyway, I could go on about this for hours but I won't. I've already spell-checked this 92 times and I have a headache. Just know that I am pissed off about this......

Love
Andrea




*I work part-time and am not scheduled to work then anyway.......

No comments: