Thursday, March 23, 2006

In the Spirit of Giving....... Otherwise known as "Throwing My Thin Clothes Out"

I'm fat.

No doubt about it. I weigh *cough* pounds. Unbelievable I know! and I look like such a dainty thang.......

Slowly but surely, the weight has piled on and I'm buying bigger and bigger clothes.

But while I'M growing bigger, so is my closet - the thin clothes being pushed further and further to the back.

Look at this!

But I don't have anything to wear!

and this is AFTER I have sorted through the clothes, shedding the thin ones. I was sick and tired of looking at this overcrowded place and finding nothing. I don't want to be one of those "I have nothing to wear" women but I don't! Really!

So, I took a deep breath and just ploughed through the mess with two things in mind.

"If I haven't worn it in over a year - it's outta here"
"If it's a 12 or under - it's outta here"

Do you have any idea how hard that is to do?

I have sweaters from back when I lived in the U.K., shirts, shorts, and all of these clothes have memories, blended into the fabric, woven into the folds and creases. I know you are probably asking how I could be so attached to clothes and I don't have an answer.

I remember the sweater I was wearing the first time George saw me. I even had a pair of pants (that haven't fit me in so long it's ridiculous) from when I was at High School *cough* years ago. The outfit I got married in is hanging there - it doesn't fit me but it's there. It isn't a wedding dress, just a plain outfit but how can I throw them out? They'll NEVER fit me again. EVER *sobs and throws self on bed dramatically*

But just how long can I deceive myself with the "I'll keep them as motivation to lose weight" mantra or the "They'll fit me by this time next year" crap? It's a joke.

So I did what any normal person would do. I packed the clothes up and took them to the Sally Army/Goodwill store and cried in my car.

Yes. I cried.

Then counted the days down till I get paid again so I can go shopping for bigger clothes - just till I lose the weight that is! :)

No comments: