Sunday, February 26, 2006

My Reviews..........

There is a program here on TV (not sure which channel) called 'Intervention'. Basically, each week, people with addictions are profiled, their familes are shown trying their best to help etc., and the outcome I guess, is a 'clean' person.

My family were talking to each other about doing a supposed "intervention" for me, as they feel my addiction is TV. Where they got this *cough Amazing Race* idea I just *cough Survivor* don't know, I mean *cough The Biggest Loser* just because I watch *cough Dallas* a smidgeon of *cough Oprah* TV, doesn't make me an addict does it? *coughs Tivo*

Anyway, just to prove to them that I am NOT a TV addict, I have been venturing out.

To the movies.

Oh, and staying in and watching DVD's.

So, the proof of the pudding; Reviews

Freedomland

FL

This film SUCKED ARSE big time. Samuel L Jackson was OK (his usual self) and Edie Falco was great, but that was about it. The movie preview makes out that there is this vast wasteland called 'Freedomland' and that the movie is all about this place. Well, this place is in the movie for about 4 minutes. I guess what spoiled the movie for me was hearing that it was very reminiscent of **********SPOILER ALERT************ The Susan Smith story. Pretty much the movie maintains a downwards spiral. Really. Don't waste your money. The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get that I wasted my money.

Coach Carter

Coach Carter

Now this film was awesome!!!!!!!! THIS is what Samuel L Jackson is all about. I totally enjoyed this movie. The acting was good (if you could get over Ashanti) and the story was even better. The fact that this is a true story makes it better. I saw an interview with the 'real' Coach Carter and he was a cool guy. I now enjoy basketball so much more! I totally recommend this movie.

Eight Below

Eight Below

I ws quite surprised with this film. Mainly because we only went to take the kids somewhere. Paul Walker is quite easily the WORST actor ever, but if you can get over him (and his looks definately help you do this) then the movie is good, again, based on a true story. It also helped that this hottie was in the film too. I'm not a dog person, but this is a good movie. (We were quite sceptical at taking George with us as he cried his eyes out at Turner & Hooch and My Dog Skip saying - and I quote "Please tell me the dog doesn't die at the end?"...... But he was good with the Huskies in Eight Below. I think he only cried once.

Here on Earth

Zzzzzzzz

DRIVEL. DRIVEL. DRIVEL. DRIVEL. DRIVEL. I got this movie from Netflix (without having read reviews) mainly coz I thought it would be a good chick flick for me and Georgia to watch. She got up and left halfway through. Quite honestly, I wanted to hammer nails in Chris Klein's acting. Wooden it was, wooden! No wonder Katy Holmes left him. Mind you, the Hottie Doc from Eight Below was in this so that was the only saving grace. The story was complete crap. It went too quickly so you couldn't get a hold of a persons character if you tried. Complete Bollocks. Please please don't ever rent this.

Firewall

99m

Harrison Ford rarely goes wrong with movies and he didn't with this. I LOVED this film. The acting was great, the story even better and quite simply it was well worth the money. It helped that the ever gorgeous Paul Bettany was the villain. Brilliant film.


paul_bettany_01

8564_w007_thumb

Last but not least, Millions

49m

I saw this advertised AGES ago and put it on my Netflix queue. I finally got it and it is ace! It's English (of course - we make the best films) and just a lovely heartwarming story. Funny, makes you think and just plain old lovely. The main idea of the film is this. "The UK is about to switch its currency from Pounds to Euros, giving a gang a chance to rob the poorly-secured train loaded with money on its way to incineration. But, during the robbery, one of the big bags falls literally from the sky on Damian's playhouse, a 5-year old given to talking to saints. The boy then starts seeing what the world and the people around him are made of." It is great and I heartily recommend it.

So there you have it folks. Reviews - sort of.

Now, I must go. America's Funniest Videos is on, followed by Desperate Housewives then Grey's Anatomy.

Addicted to TV? Me?

er...............

No comments: