Sunday, January 29, 2006

Attention; Miss Andromeda Kernappenstein

Did you ever catch that episode of Friends (#412) ?

The one where the guys are trying to win the apartment from the girls and they each have to answer a series of questions about each other? Quite possibly, the funniest episode EVER!?

Well, the following quote/question is one I can repeat by heart;

Ross: Every week, the TV Guide comes to Chandler and Joey's apartment. What name appears on the address label?
Rachel: Chandler gets it! It's Chandler Bing!
Monica: No!!
Ross: I'm afraid the TV Guide comes to Chanandler Bong.
Monica: I knew that! Rachel! Use you're head!
Chandler: Actually, it's Miss Chanandler Bong.


My reason for telling you this, is that recently I bought something new on the Internet. I knew I wouldn't use this website again but I had to sign up and give a user name etc.,

Now, I very rarely use my Hotmail account when purchasing goods as the mere thought of me getting spammed out the arse there wasn't appealing in the slightest, so I thought I would use a Gmail account. I couldn't remember my user name for that so I created a new one.

Then I thought I would have some fun. I clearly checked off that NO, I wasn't interested in receiving weekly e-mails/newsletters or suchlike from this website. NO, I wasn't interested in hearing from 3rd party websites on their crap and NO I will never buy anything from you again and would you please take me off your mailing list.

Quite reasonable wouldn't you say? After some Chandler-esque thinking, I created my name.

Henceforth, I shall be called Ms Andromeda Kernappenstein.

Not many people have this moniker (hahahahaha - I slay myself) and I thought it would be a good way to track whether I do get spammed from this one website. This is the ONLY time I have used this name and e-mail address.

Shall we have a look and see whether they were good to their word with all my NO requests? Lets have a gander.

Imagine that?!

Between January 28th 8:08 am and January 29th 6:50 am I received 1154. I have 115 remaining (I deleted a bunch but then I thought I should save some if only for this blogging purpose). In fact, I just checked my spam and since typing this post, I am now up to 121.

Not bad for a clear NO across the board.

Hhhmmmmmm, Andromeda Kernappenstien. Think I'm starting to like it.

No comments: