Tuesday, May 17, 2005

When I grow up, I want to be................

A storm chasing weather photographer. Nothing else. Not a weather person, not a storm spotter, a real life storm chasing weather photographer. How awesome would that be? George and I LOVE watching the Storm Stories shows on the Weather Channel and always say we will go on a tornado chasing vacation - I know, how geeky!!!

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't want to go to school and study for years about weather this and weather that, no, that's not me. I just want to be able to be in bed or sat watching tv, and have one of these at my side:

BatPhone_small

My own little 'bat phone' and have someone call me and be all "Andi, we need you NOW! A possible F4 tornado spotted over Xenia*, Ohio - Plane is ready, over and out"

Then, a limo will come for me, take me to the airport, to the 'tornado' and bobs your uncle, I'm there taking awesome pictures. I mean come on, who wouldn't like to be able to take pics like these?

tornado tornadoblue

Oh, and don't even get me started on just how brilliant it would be to take pictures of Hurricanes from space! I mean just look at these! The pictures themselves are amazing but to have actually seen them yourself? Are you kidding?

Hurricane

Hurricane

clouds

You want to know the closest I've ever been to a hurricane? Well, this picture?

Disney Hurricane

That was Hurricane Charlie, last year. We were at Disneyworld and it hit while we were there! It was awesome! Trees blown over and everything! (I don't want people from Florida bitching me out now about the devastation etc., MOVE!) But that picture was taken with a crappy polaroid digital thingy, not the fantastic camera I have now.

So people, if anyone out there is really rich and wants some really awesome pictures taken of storms, call me! Coz I'm there!

* Xenia, Ohio - We actually lived there when the F4 tornado hit! Brilliant! All 5 of us hiding in a laundry room 6x8, shaking like s***ing dogs! But really, I'm your storm person if you need me, don't let that put you off!

No comments: