Thursday, May 12, 2005

It's official. I'm a pack rat.............

No, not a Rat Bag. A pack rat!

As you know, we are moving shortly, and it is time for me to start getting packed and organized.

Well, packed anyway..........

So I'm walking around the house deciding what is going and what is not and I am stunned, nay, amazed and astounded at just how much stuff I have amassed in the 6 years I have lived in this country. When I first came over, I had my kids and some clothes and that was it. Now, 6 years later, I am surrounded by stuff, left right and center. In fact, I have stuff in boxes from when we moved last time which was 4 years ago! If I haven't used it in four years, I'm thinking I don't really need it.

Here, is a short run down of some of the stuff I HAVE to get rid of.

A foot spa.

Foot spa

Now, I think I got this for Christmas one year and have used it exactly that many times. ONE! It is collecting dust on my top shelf in my closet. If someone could come to my house and give me a foot massage then that would be fine, but to do it myself.......? nope.

And if I'm not going to spa my feet, then I'm not going to spa my face!

face

Yep, another Christmas present. My face isn't too bad so I'm obviously not missing this piece of machinery.

12 of these. Yes, count 'em. TWELVE.

curling iron Hot brush iron

My hair is only shoulder length. When I get up on a morning, all I do is blast it with a hairdryer and then brush it down straight. Maybe, on the odd occasion I will spice it up with a straightener but thats it! I do not need TWELVE curling tongs.

So if I can't spend more than 3 minutes on doing my hair, then using these is a no-go.

hotcurlerl2

I'm crap at using these and being as impatient as I am, if I can't figure it out in the first go, then it's outta here........

A bajillion of these.

Pots and Pans

Now, for those that know me, I DO NOT COOK! How did I get to be the owner of all these pots and pans? Wedding gifts? Cheers much!

Books

Books galore

After going through EMT and Paramedic classes, I am now the proud owner of enough books to get me through medical school to be a doctor. Only, I've had enough of school and when I read, I want it to be steamy romance novels, tacky tabloids or funny toilet paper with "words of the day" written all over it. No more, "the knee bone's connected to the ..........." type of stuff.

and I have tons of other stuff. I guess I could sell it on e-Bay but I have neither the time nor energy to spend setting that up, plus, it looks complicated.

So folks, there you have it. For the next few days I'm going to be searching and throwing out, packing and donating, and generally just wondering "Why did I buy this?"

I know I'm not the only one with a hoard of useless crap.

No comments: