Monday, April 11, 2005

If I knew then what I know now....

Andi

This was me back in 1982. I was 13. I thought I knew it all. The years from 13 - 16 were the worst. I know I didn't listen to half the things my mum told me. I argued with her day and night - in fact I think I almost went a few months not talking to her over something or other (funny how then, it was a matter of life and death and now I can't even begin to remember what it was all about). I know that almost every other day she used to tell me to "Stop Backchatting". I didn't think I was!

I remember saying to her "I'm never going to be like that with my kids".

Moving forward now to 2005. He is 16. He thinks he knows it all.

DSCF1950

and yes, I tell him to "Stop Backchatting". He thinks he isn't! and he tells me that he "won't be like that" with his kids!

No comments: