Saturday, March 05, 2005

Where are your manners FFS?

Not many things bother me (except of course Fucktards, snow, people who hit my van but then run off, Ms Mac not blogging for 48 hours, shows that are on in place of Desperate Housewives, etc., etc.,) but one thing that does piss me off more than ANYTHING, and for ANYTHING read exactly that, is people who eat with their mouths open.

People above the age of knowing that this is wrong, should know better. I just had lunch with a bunch of people, ages ranging from 8 to 75 and had two people eating, chomping sloppily, with their mouths open. This sound is worse than nails down a blackboard, babies crying, dogs barking all night and Whitney Houston singing all put together. Add to that, the rudeness. God this makes me so angry. Never mind the noise, you get to see the food all in their mouths and it's like watching laundry in a laundromat dryer.

If it wasn't food it would be almost hypnotic. But it was food and it was disgusting. The 8 year old has been told a bajillion times to stop eating like this, but apparently can't hear me what with the chomping, and so continues. There was a lady of 48 also content with showing me the mush that she was eating. (the BBQ sauce all around her face was bad enough......) When I told the 8 year old to stop (Well, I told him to "pack it in" but that Yorkshire statement confuses most people), I was told by the 75 year old "Well, most adults don't even eat with their mouths closed" like this was some excuse! Oh, Ok then, I think I'll just go do what the fuck I want coz most other people do that"...... Fucking excuses. They are for lazy arsed people.

I remember many things my mom told me when I was growing up, and one thing clearly stays in my mind is eating with your mouth closed. None of my friends moms would complain to them, only mine and I used to hate her for this. Now I thank her for giving me the manners that so many other people lack. I'm not the only one who thinks this, You ain't seen me apparently thinks so too!

There are other manners people lack that piss me off, but today this just bit the bucket.

Am I alone in this? What do other people do that piss you off?

No comments: