Saturday, February 26, 2005

My interview.....

Frally just popped in for a cuppa after stopping by at Cesca's (all the way from New Zealand too - I'm honoured....)!

While here, she asked me a few questions, questions she said, that would help enrich her as a being, and would expand her mind. I'm always one to be helpful, so here goes!

F: Andrea, or may I call you Andi?

Me: Andi's fine, what can I do for you?

F: Well, I'm all about knowing everything, and I think if I ask you these questions, I can go away rested and with my mind fuller than full, overflowing with knowledge one might say.

Me: Go ahead, I'm yours.

F: Okay, Andi *giggles* What is the thing you like most about living in USA? And hate the most?

Me: Well, Frally, the way of life here is amazing. It's relaxed, people are much friendlier (when they meet you they are all "how are you?", "have a nice day"," it was nice meeting you" etc.,) you can basically wear what you want and feel comfortable without people condemning your fashion sense, houses are bigger, streets are wider and there is no bullshit parking issues, the weather - actually having seasons is amazing unlike the UK where it is basically blah all year round - Mind you, this snow has gone on for far too long now, we are almost in March for Christsake..... I could go on.......

F: Please do.

Me: Okay, I also love singing songs.

F: Huh? *with puzzled look*

Me: Well, there are tons of songs here that I have never heard, *starts singing badly and also I might add, the wrong words* like "I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers...."

F: and what don't you like about living in this pleasant land of flags and big cars?

Me: Well, I have to say racism. This is a very racist country.... and I'm sure people will disagree with that. Oh and I hate crap commericals. Another thing that bites my arse is Oscar ceremonies cutting into my favorite shows. and......

F: To my next question.......

Me: I'm just putting the kettle on, you want another cuppa?

F: No, I'll just get on, I have to be leaving you soon, my flight leaves in about three minutes. So, What is the most extreme thing you could see yourself doing for a million dollars?

Me: For a million dollars? oooh, There really isn't much I wouldn't do. I think eating brussel sprouts and tripe would have to be the most extreme thing. I'm a girl who is game for most things, and I would so totally win on Fear Factor, totally. Except if I had to eat anything with flies around it. This sounds really boring....

F: Not at all *yawns*..... so Andi, if you were a superhero, what would your special power be?

Me: I guess my power would be to see the future. The bad things alone that you could stop in the first 5 minutes from happening would be worth it. See, I could tell if your plane was gonna leave on time or not.....

F: I'm leaving this house regardless........

Me: Everyone says that at some point.....

F: What is your most embarrassing moment? Do you have one?

Me: Oh god, I have a hundred......I think the biggest one would be asking my R.E. teacher in 3rd year at middle school (I think I would have been 12) what circumcised meant. My school was in a very Jewish community, and I had never heard of it. I asked out loud in front of 17 boys and 12 girls. Yeah, embarrassing. So much so that I am now 35 and that still makes me blush telling you this. You will keep it to yourself won't you?

F: *looks around* yeah....... and finally, what is the meanest thing you've ever done that you now regret?

Me: Let me think..... This is difficult as I can't really think of anything mean I've done, and I am thinking hard, *frowns in concentration*. I guess I feel bad about something. You see, the day before my dad died, I was at his house and my son was asleep on the couch, and as my dad was leaving (the last time I would see him alive) he bent down to give my son a kiss, and I shouted at him to stop as he would wake him up, so he didn't kiss him. I regret that now. Have I depressed you now?

F: No, you enlightened me, which was my sole reason for being here. But I really do have to go now. Thanks for the tea and hob nobs.

Me: Anytime. I quite like this interviewing lark......

F: Toodle Oo

Me: Bye.

Well, there you have it folks. Apparently, the way it works is this. The first 5 people to comment and have the words "interview me" within said comment, gets to be asked 5 questions by me. These comments are to be then posted on your blog and so on and so on......

So, I need to be enlightened, just like Frally, and I'm sure there are things I don't already know. Doubtful, but still..... So comment away...... the first 5 .........

No comments: