Thursday, December 09, 2004

I don't THINK so......

I can't believe what I just heard. Some asshole guy on TV was being interviewed about the whole Columbus shooting of "Dimebag" Darrel Abbott. Now I don't know about you, but I'm from England and have never even heard of the band nor the band members. But I digress.

This asshole guy was asked what the shooting meant to him and I kid you not this is his response, and I quote "Oh dude, this is our times John Lennon"

Yes you read that right, this dipshit thinks that this shooting of some guy in a band that is still playing in bars around Columbus, compares to the shooting of John Lennon. I'll wait while you pick yourself up from the floor.

What an idiot!!!! I wish I could have taken a picture of him but I'll give you a brief description. Skinny, scrawny guy, greasy hair, missing teeth, cheap knock-off woolly hat and could barely speak a coherent sentence..... You catch my drift?

Now, just to give him a fair chance here, lets compare the lives of John Lennon and "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. Just a few brief notes:

Dimebag

  • Born - Texas
  • Age at death - 38
  • Band - Pantera?
  • Worked with - around 7 other people who include Rex Brown (who?) and Frank Bello (who?)
  • Interesting fact - at 16 won a few local talent contests
  • Unheard of almost in the UK and the remaining planet Earth


John Lennon
    Born - Liverpool
  • Age at death - 40
  • Band - THE BEATLES FOR CHRISTSAKE!!!!!!
  • Worked with - Amongst others Elton John, Paul, George and Ringo
  • Interesting fact - at 16 had formed his first band AND upon his death millions of people gave a 10 minute silence in respect. TEN MINUTES!!!!!!
  • Known worldwide by people born during various eras...... WORLDWIDE!

Now,as if that wasn't bad enough, one story on the internet quoted someone as saying "This is the worst day in metal history,". Now if Ozzy Osbourne or Jimmy Paige maybe had died, then yep, it could possibly be the worst day in metal history but please, Dimebag Darrell?

Now I know that I will probably get a bajillion slagging off comments but hey, free speech and all that!

Well, I am now going to watch a bit of Survivor so I can calm the fuck down coz I'm losing my rag over someone who I don't even know!

R.I.P Dimebag I guess.......



No comments: