Sunday, October 24, 2004

movie reveiw

OK. I went to see two films at the movies this weekend.

The first was Friday Night Lights starring three of the most gorgeous men EVER! Billy Bob Thornton, Tim McGraw and Lucas Black. I'm not a big football fan (but I'm growing to love it courtesy of HDTV!). This film had me on the edge of my seat during the games, and the ending - this is not a spoiler alert - was amazing. Typically a guy film but one for the ladies if only for the eyes alone! Anyway, I would TOTALLY recommend this film.

The second film was Shaun of the Dead. This is a British film, and after the initial 15 minutes or so of introducing characters, the film really kicks into comedic gear. It makes you jump and laugh out loud so much. I mean, the scene with the girl in the yard (The first official zombie sighting) is just hilarious. I could go on, but then I would be just telling you the film right through. Go see it! Its great.

I also saw other movies on the TV/DVD. Cold Mountain was one. I had NOT wanted to watch this for some time as I'm not a great Nicole Kidman fan, but I thought what the heck, and was quite impressed. Renee Zelwegger was great, and Jude Law was impressive too! But thats a "see it if you want" movie as far as I'm concerned.

Th weekend isn't over yet so there will be another posting soon.


No comments: