Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween anyone?

Well, being English I'm not THAT into Halloween - "may you be struck down by all that is EVIL" is probably the rants from Americans out there..... Sorry to upset you all.

When I was younger, we just used to get a black bin bag, cut holes in it for your arms and head and Bobs yer Uncle, off you went - trick or treating up and down the street. And I say street, we probably had 15 houses on each side, and only half of those would give you anything. In fact, you got more treats when you went mischieving on mischievious night and went through all the neighbours back gardens, hedge jumping, and pulling up all their cabbages, carrots and taties.......Well, this was Seacroft!

Oh I wet many a pair of knickers laughing with my mates trying not to get caught.....

But anyway, back to being a Hallo-Hater....... Kids over here just go barmy and the costumes are great. I do draw the line however at adults dressing up begging for treats, or adults that take a 2 month old dressed as a frog in a stroller and go trick or treating. I mean really, is it not harmful for a baby to be sucking on a twizzler?

So, me being as I am, I decided to take a bath while the kids came-a-knockin', leaving my erstwhile husband to do the deeds........

I just went downstairs and lo and behold I see a full bowl of candy! Now I know I heard the knockin' and I know I saw the kids so "What" I wonder "Happened?". Turns out my husband "Couldn't be bothered." HHhhhhhmmmmmmmm Methinks my English be rubbin' off. Either that or he was being miserable...... You make up your mind. Now if my house gets TP'd, egged or the tires get flattened on my van, you can all take a good guess as to who will be cleaning it up.

Well, it's nearing 7:30, and Halloween is almost over - thankfully.... Now I only have Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to! :)

Happy Halloween.............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bahh Humbug, pity Tiny Tim @ your house.