Monday, August 25, 2008

Fingerprints, schmingerprints.......

On Friday afternoon I received a letter in the mail from the INS (who are now known as USCIS - United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) and I thought to myself "Is this IT?" My letter of acceptance? My interview and test date? The thing I've been waiting for now for a couple of years?

My heart was a-flutter and my palms began to sweat.......

Nervously, I trembled as I tore open the letter, my eyes catching the now well-known look of the green heavily-watermarked Immigration letter.....

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and started to read.

"Your fingerprint card (FD-258) on file with the USCIS has expired. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken"


I Don't Even Want To Know What You Thought This Was In The Thumbnail........ :-)



Fuck it. I'm just going to cut off all my fingers and mail them so that the next time the card expires, they can save the postage and hassle and just go into my file and do it right there and then. You know, so as not to WASTE ANYMORE GOD-DAMNED TIME!!!!!!! You know what Mr Fingerprint expert at the USCIS? Try SPEEDING UP MY APPLICATION PROCESS and maybe my fingerprints won't expire!!!!!!

I ask you, have you ever heard anything more fucking ridiculous? Fingerprints expiring! *shakes head and rolls eyes all dramatic-like*

This will now be the third time in two years I have had to go downtown and be fingerprinted. SIX times since I moved to the US.

George was so incensed he wrote a letter to two Senators and a Governor! (on the advice of my Immigration lawyer). THAT was awesome.

But hey ho............ it's not like I have a life to live, a job to work wherein I can pay taxes to a Government that doesn't seem to want me as it's citizen but is more than happy to accept my money, or other stuff that can't be put on hold so I can take all sodding day to go downtown, wait hours in line and be RE-fingerprinted!

So, anything made you mad lately? Like, Immigration-style mad? Take a seat and tell me all about it.............................


Oh, and apologies for the swearing, but really, I'm THAT mad! Here is a picture you may be familiar with in which I complain again..........

2 comments:

Michael Lehet said...

Ain't it great to be an American!

markus said...

so how much does it cost for you to do the re-fingerprinting, i think its a way they've found of getting more money in to help balance the books.

In other news from the UK,i've been told that i should pay £80($148.41) it get a card, that i can show the police when they stop me and ask why i'm taking photos in the street, if i'm on their database i stand less chance of being arrested. At this moment Jamaica is looking more and more good