Sunday, March 26, 2006

List? What List?

This Saturday just gone, we visted some great friends down in Columbus. (Colleen just celebrated 10 years free of breast Cancer and Denny is a 2-star General of the United States Army Reserves.) So we were all sat talking and we happened to mention the trips we were taking this year, when Colleen said "You won't believe what Denny is doing in July"

We couldn't so she told us.

"He'll be running with the bulls in Pamplona!"

top-pamplona

Is that not the coolest thing to do?

We got to talking about lists that people make of things they want to do before they die, and I mentioned the website 43things.com. People list what they want to do and you get to see how many other people want to do this, how many people HAVE done this and what these people thought of it after they had done it. I know that Michael has a few things listed that he wants to do.

Then I got to thinking about what I wanted to do.

*thinks*

I can't list anything.

I mean really. I have pretty much done alot of things with my life;
  • lived in foreign countries
  • parachute jump
  • married
  • had a variety of jobs
  • shagged every branch of the military - twice - UK and US
  • done CPR
  • met someone from a personal ad
etc., etc., etc.,

So what does that make me? Boring? Unimaginative? Hopeless?

I just think that by the time I get to putting something on my list, as impatient as I am, when I think of doing it I'll just go do it! If I put it on a list, it'll never get done. Look what happened to laundry, shopping, signing my daughter up for softball etc.,.......

I don't want to look at the lists that people make on that website coz then I will just feel like I'm carrying out other people's wishes you know?

I think tomorrow I shall sit and think and try to come up with something, then Tuesday will find me doing it. Who knows where I'll be, what I'll be doing.

Want to take a guess?

No comments: