Friday, January 21, 2005

Sleep, or lack thereof.....

Sometimes I wish I could be like a baby. Awake at certain points during the day and then whenever you feel like it, no matter what you are doing, just lay your head down and sleep. Can you imagine how awesome that would be? Say you are in the middle of the grocery store, and just feel like you need a nap, you go to the most comfortable place in there - obviously the bread aisle - and just plop yourself down on a few loaves till you feel like getting up and finishing your shopping? or in the middle of dinner? you just move your plate to one side and rest your weary head (most babies just put their head in the plate of mash but come on, I'm a grown up, I'm not doing that!)

I guess what I am trying to say is "I need some sleep! and it is getting to the point where I pretty soon will be sleeping with the bread buns and french sticks!"

As you know, my husband has had flu/bronchitis/pnuemonia whatever for the past month or so, and has been up coughing etc., most every night. It IS getting better but still, I'm not getting a full night of sleep. Last night, the cats woke me up, because our cats aren't normal. No, they fight and wrestle at times making so much noise you would think we were experiencing a break-in.

Once I'm awake, I'm wide awake and it takes forever to get back to sleep. Do you ever lay in bed, trying to clear your mind but find it impossible to do? You lay there thinking of one thing, which leads you to thinking about another thing, then you think of something that links you to that thought and so on and so on....... I would be thinking calm thoughts, say a beach, then I would think of the Florida vacation we took the year before last, then leading from Florida, the Disney vacation we took last year, then leading from that the hurricane that hit while we were there. Yeah, I went from a calm sea to a hurricane. Try getting to sleep with THAT running through your head!

Calm thoughts my arse!

Anyway, I just need some sleep. Deep, slumberful (I know that isn't a word but it sounds peaceful and calming) sleep.

Just wanted you to know:)


Comments:-

At 9:40 AM, Katya said...

i know exactly what you mean and how you feel...I also can't rest at night when I wake up...anything and everything runs thru my mind (not tom selleck though...lol)

If i've had a really bad run I take herbal sleeping tablets...they seem to do the trick for a couple of night...

At 10:33 AM, chickflick said...

I think it´s a girlie thing.

I mean - have you ever heard a man say "I just couldn´t fall asleep last night, because I knew I had to get up early to get dinner out of the freezer for tomorrow night and put over a load of laundry before my early appointment at the dentist" ?

not so much, right ? :)

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous said...

You mean the cats were fighting and not knocking on the door?? Now I ams surprised at that.

CB

3 comments:

Katya Coldheart said...

i know exactly what you mean and how you feel...I also can't rest at night when I wake up...anything and everything runs thru my mind (not tom selleck though...lol)

If i've had a really bad run I take herbal sleeping tablets...they seem to do the trick for a couple of night...

Anonymous said...

I think it´s a girlie thing.

I mean - have you ever heard a man say "I just couldn´t fall asleep last night, because I knew I had to get up early to get dinner out of the freezer for tomorrow night and put over a load of laundry before my early appointment at the dentist" ?

not so much, right ? :)

Anonymous said...

You mean the cats were fighting and not knocking on the door?? Now I ams surprised at that.

CB