Friday, December 31, 2004

New Years Eve

It must because I'm getting older but the thought of going out partying and waking up feeling like shit just does NOT appeal to me anymore.

(awkward silence as you think why did it take me so long to figure out I'm a crotchety old Bee atch)

For the past three or four years, I think we have just stayed in and gone to bed about 10 or 11. This year, we have a visitor Claire so it would be rude of us NOT to go out and celebrate with her.

Tonight

We will mostly be partying at Spuddy's

jesse2

(Sorry, had to get a Fast Show thing in there *thanks Ms Mac)


We will be meeting up with a ton of friends (pics will be available tomorrow) and it should be fun. There is a steak and lobster dinner available, however, Claire and myself will be dining on some fine chips and gravy. There will be plenty of drinking done, and celebrating. Which makes me think about the year that has just passed.

I can't do one of those lists that rehashes the previous year coz my memory is crap. It really is. I look at other peoples lists and I'm like "That happened THIS year?" and "I thought he died years ago". That kind of thing.

So instead I'll try to think of what has happened in my life, my friends etc., and what we did.

  • Visited England and Ireland to see my mom get remarried.
  • George and I renewed our vows and had THE best time with loads of friends.
  • My mom and Uncle Graham came over for aforementioned wedding so it was great to see them and introduce them to all our friends.
  • Claire came over for 2 weeks during the summer.
  • We went to Disneyworld and got caught by Hurricane Charlie.
  • I started my Blog - Yeah!!! and found Dooce and Toole.
  • Quit my job as an EMT - Thankfully.
  • Got addicted to Lost and Desperate Housewives and fell in love all over again with Jeff Probst.
  • Felt a hundred years old as my son started High School.
  • Partied long and hard MANY MANY times.
  • Fell more in love with my husband! (I know....... but its' true!)

As you can see my memory is crap. I'm sure more things happened but can't remember. Probably all the hard partying that caused that. If any of my friends are reading this, feel free to remind me of what I did to make this year even more special.

But right now, I'll end this blog with a Happy New Year to everyone. It has been a really really great year for me and mine. Watch out for my pics tomorrow.


1 comment:

Laura said...

LOL! I thought having a party would be easier. Now, i am sitting about when I should be tidying and wishing they would all stay home so I could install my new graphic/photo software and read the magazines I bought this morning.

Heh. At least everyone coming is an artistl. They will understand :)
Have a happy new year!